April 1, 2010

Ideal.

I've always told myself that things would be better next week, or next month, or next year, or when I'm in my 20s, ect.

I'm very much an idealist. I've always been dreaming that one day I'm going to wake up and miraculously be the person I've always wanted to be: confident, smart, known, beautiful, knows how to laugh at herself, has lots of friends, always says the right thing...

But that's not how it works. I can't be the person I am today, and then expect me to be my ideal, flawless self tomorrow. When you want something you have to work at it. The moment you know you want something is the moment you know you need to take action towards it.

To tell you the truth, I'm kind of scared to look at the future, or walk out my door, because I know that it's only going to get harder from here.

But I think people are right when they say to take it one day at a time; don't worry about tomorrow, since tomorrow has enough worries of its own, or something of the sort.

So here is one of the most encouraging Bible verses:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

If God already has it all planned out, then why worry?

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Sista'!!!

    I thought "when I have kids, then I'll know how to be a good mom"... well, let me tell you, there are moments pretty much every day where I feel like I don't know what the heck I'm doing!! But, like you said, one day at a time... one moment at a time and pretty soon you'll notice that things get a little easier because you've climbed that mountain before!

    Here's to not worrying any more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe little jenni, all grow'd up. life gets easier when you get really old. so you can look forward to that. look how easy mom and dad have it! their biggest stress is figuring out which kid to visit next!

    until then, life is what you make it. and no matter what God will always use it for the good. kinda nice knowing that even if you mess up in life, God can still use it. :) nothing is wasted.

    ReplyDelete