February 2, 2010

Yes.

I went to the store to buy drawing pencils this morning, and if there's one thing I concluded about myself it's that the word "No" is very seldom in my vocabulary.

"Would you happen to have 3 quarters and a nickel so that I can give you this crisp $5.00 bill back in change?"
(-lie- No! Do I look like I have time to dig around inside my purse?! Geez.) ABSOLUTELY! Who needs quarters anyway, right?


"Would you like a bag to carry your purchases?" 
(No thank you, I do have hands you know.) uhhh... YES.


"Would you like your receipt?"
(Another piece of garbage I have to worry about? No thanks.) err... YES, of course!


"Are you a pushover?" 
(Pfff... you've got the wrong girl.) Yeahhh...


I never ever want my receipt, EVER. But for some reason, while I'm about to walk away from the till, this impulsive thought always tells me that if I do say Yes to the receipt taking, that it's gonna make the salesclerks' day. (Yessss! Just WAIT 'til the boss hears about THIS!)


If only days could be so easily made.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I always say no. especially when it comes to bags. cuz they cost money at superstore. and its homo. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete