January 1, 2010

Happy, happy new year.

So...last night was New Years Eve...and today was New Years Day...
Hmm. Yeah...about that...
Big deal. is all I have to say.
I mean, what makes the 31 of December so different from the 31 of March or April, May, June, July, ect?
I really, truly, and honestly believe that the whole New Years thing is overrated.
Am I only bitter because my "New Years kiss" consisted of only a peck on the cheek? ...and from a female yet?
Maybe... I don't know.

When I returned from the party I stepped outta my boots, crawled into bed, poured myself a glass of sparkling apple juice, flipped open my laptop, and watched Bride Wars until my eyelids became anvils.
Yes, that is how I, Jennifer, spent my first hours of 2010.
After awaking from an almost too perfect and undisturbed sleep, I spent the next few hours on the telephone, grateful that I had someone to talk to.
I spent January 1st, 2010 scribbling through my day-planner, realizing that I only have one free day left before I take off. One free day to relax, rejuvenate, and soak up my last and only excuse to be lazy. Only one free day...wow, so much for having a petty social life. Hmm.
My Mom and I then baked rice krispy squares. (Allowing for me to stroke another item off my "Christmas To-Do list") For some reason, I was mysteriously intrigued by the texture of the initial mixing of the melted marshmallows and rice krispies. It looked like a spider had spun a million webs around each krispy grain of rice; a tangled web. And...this also proves my weirdness. Alright, moving on...

I also continued reading Twilight; a book which my sister claims should've only taken me a day to read, and yet it has been 2 weeks. I'm not a slow reader, trust me, my elementary school teachers praised me for my inclined reading abilities. I just prefer to read in front of the television, and my noisy parents...and my perpetually ringing cellphone, that's all.

I'm starting to have a lousy feeling about my "Christmas Vacation To-Do List"...I mean, if it takes me 2 weeks to read one book, I'll need 10 weeks to read my next 6 books. Sigh. In pondering this, would I secretly considered canceling ALL plans and outings for next week, just so I'd be able to read minute after minute, day after day...?
Nah, I love my friends too much.



4 comments:

  1. Haha aww, you're so cute. I love reading your blog! Oh, and just in case you don't get the comment I left on my own blog after your comment (wow that sounds confusing) YES - ROB GOT THE DAY OFF! hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you finished Nightlight yet? that should only take you a few hours.. but in your case a few days. i hope you find it as funny as i did.

    now i really really want rice crispy squares with chocolate on top. no fair. mail me some?

    I also love reading your blog. it completes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me tooo!!!! Mail me some as well!!!

    Your blog does not complete me.... YOU complete me!!!!

    I wish i was there to make rice krispy squares with you! That would have been so much fun!!!
    A word of advice, take it or leave it.... Don't burn yourself out before you have to go back to school!!!! I had a friend who did that every school "break" she had and it wore her out and she had nothing left. no fun!
    Other than that, have fun at home!! I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm happy you changed the background colour of your blog. it was hard to read before.

    ReplyDelete