January 2, 2010

Can you believe it?

Today was revolutionary. It was life-changing, and I've never experienced a transformation quite like this one.
I did something I thought I could never do. Before today, I lived everyday of my life guaranteeing others that it was a goal always so far out of reach, and simply out of my league. In fact, it makes me feel like I'm becoming older, and maturing into adulthood.
What a great start to the new year! I thought smugly to myself after.
It all happened so fast. Here is how it all transpired: It was mid-afternoon, I was snuggled comfortably between the sheets with a book in hand, when I suddenly began to grow very tired. So tired in fact, that my only option in my choose-your-own-adventure-kind-of-moment was to a) live the next few hours of my life with pure lethargy and fatigue or b) fall into a deep, beautiful slumber.
Too tired to weigh out the pros and cons, I surrendered to my old, aging body and slipped into a brief (45 minutes), yet phenomenal state of unconsciousness.
No, there's no need to clean the smudges off your glasses or re-read the above paragraph, you read it right:
I took my very first nap. :)

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!! yayayyyaya!!! congratulations!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! Way to go! I took a nap today too!!!! It was wonderful and very much needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the "naps are awesome" club! :)

    ReplyDelete