December 31, 2009

Dear 2009, I admit it, I'm gonna miss you!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I completed my first semester of university!

I learned how to do laundry.
I fell in love with sushi.
I repelled off the roof of a 50ft building in the middle of the night. I will never forget that night. :)

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I secretly made a resolution to have a super hot body...um yeah...about that...

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
My sister had a baby girl, January 4th! <3

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I don't know how you define "close", but there were definitely alot of heartbreaking deaths.

5. What countries did you visit? 
USA and Canada. Hmm...I sound boring.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? 
You.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Every single day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having the courage to move three provinces away.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Having ignored so many red flags, my selfishness, being an extreme pushover, and driving over the extension cord with the lawn mower--twice.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a mere cough.

11. What was the best thing you bought? 
Err...pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks...

14. Where did most of your money go?
My dear tuition. *tear*

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I thought that 2009 was going to be my year of falling in love, but then I remembered that I'm only 18. Other than that, I got super excited for the Taylor Swift concert, university, and coming home for Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Any song by Owl City, or Miranda Lambert.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I'm not sad, I'm just...lethargic. New Years Eve is overrated to me.
b) thinner or fatter? I think I have FINALLY grown into my body, so there's no comparison.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, definitely.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I could've laughed at myself more.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? 
Facebook. Holy heck, I do NOT want to know how many hours of my life I have wasted on there.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family we: opened presents, watched Looney Tunes and ate a huge Christmas dinner. Best Christmas ever. :D

21. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't watch much tv, but I am in love with Friends and Gilmore Girls.

25. Do you dislike anyone now whom you didn't dislike this time last year?
Haha. Of course.

26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't reach much, unfortunately, but I am working on it!!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
Country. In February I fell in love with country, and my life was changed.

28. What did you want and actually got? 
I wanted happiness, and I got it.

29. What did you want and not get? 
Not telling. I'm not THAT vulnerable. :)

30. What was your favorite film of this year? 
I really couldn't tell you, cause there was nothing incredibly epic. I most likely loved some chick flick.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
The ladies took me out to Earls, I had my first alcoholic drink of the 18th year, which was a White Peach Bellini. Then we saw Bride Wars after. :)


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Anything goes with leggings, and cowboy boots.

34. What kept you sane?
Friends, family, and God.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Reynolds. Hands down.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My roomie. :)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Look before you fall.

40. Were you in school (anytime this year)?
School is my life!

41. Did you encounter the police? 
You would ask that question, wouldn't you?

42. Did you have to go to the hospital?
Not me specifically, but I did take part in a horrible practical joke that was at the hospital. Haha.

I decided to go through my photo albums, and here are some of my most favorite and wonderful memories of 2009! A few moments ago, with my pessimistic attitude, I thought that I could've gone without 2009. But after looking at all of these photos, I now know for sure that 2009 was the best year yet. And 2010 will be even better. :)








1 comment: