December 8, 2009

All the right moves.

I wanna move to a city.
There, I said it.
To New York, San Francisco, Toronto...whatever.
I want some kick-ass schooling that brings me to a my dream career, like I'm living life on a well-defined walkway. A career that I'm good at, one that gets my heartbeat racing, and one that I'm known for.
I'd like to move into a not-so-cheap apartment, complete with my favorite art pieces on the red walls, colossal panes of glass, my own queen-sized bed, jacuzzi bath-tub, and dishwasher.
I want to walk up a fleet of staircases before I reach my door.

I want to see streets beneath my window, and the city skyline blanket the horizon.
I want to take a cab to work, and wear high heels all day.
I'd imagine that on my lunch breaks, I'd go out for sushi with my co-workers,
And after work, I'd go on the occasional date with a well-dressed man.
Call me crazy, but I would love to fall asleep to the yellowy-glow of street-lights streaming through the window.
Where is all this coming from? It's coming form the fact that I live 45 minutes away from a huge and gorgeous city, and I haven't even explored it yet. It's coming from me having no form of transportation at my fingertips. I need to go out.
Christmas break is lookin' good right now. There will be cities, airports, cars, independence, high heels, and fine dining.

3 comments:

  1. every night i fall asleep to that warm-yellowy glow.. sometimes its alright. but i gotta admit, nothing beats a pitch black night with the sound of coyotes in the distance and cats scratching at your window screen.

    dad said you were pretty excited about christmas break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope by "fine dining" you meant the Christmas dinner extravaganza that we're going to have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh trust me my dear, you do not want to have to walk up ANY staircases to get to your door...I've been there. Carrying groceries all that way is a nuisance after a while. :)

    ReplyDelete