December 25, 2009

Best Christmas Ever :)

I've been having trouble sleeping lately; you know how it is, crawl into bed, squeeze the eyes shut and try not to think too hard. From an outsiders perspective, you'd only assume that I'm dealing with some kind of insomniac depression. But NO my friend, this is not the summer of 2009. Not even close. In fact, the only reason I've been unable to shut my eyes is because life is just too good to be true. I live each day in disbelief, pinching myself because I'm SO sure that it's all just a really, really great dream. But it's real and the pinches don't wake me up, they just hurt for a little while. ;)
So to be perfectly honest, these past few weeks things have been going good. No, make that great. Last Friday I got to experience my first time ever "I'm home from university for Christmas break" airport escapade! You know, with all the hugging and the tears. (JUST kidding, no tears were involved) But it was amazing to see the little crowd of my closest friends and family waiting at the bottom of the escalator for me.

There's nothing better than coming home to a place that has always made you feel safe. A place with two loving parents, and a place where every sweet memory is pinned and fingerprinted on each of the walls. I came home to a bedroom that looks exactly how I left it. It's good, in a sort of selfish and egotistical way, to find that your room hasn't been replaced with an office or some kind of sewing/craft room. It's nice knowing that you still have a place in your parents home. I came home to a niece who grew up so unbelievably fast in a matter of 4 months. She is sooo beautiful.
This whole week has been crazy busy. It's been SO great seeing all of my old friends again. We have had so much to catch up on. I remember a month ago I'd have these dreams at night where I would return home from university, and everyone would just hate me. I'm glad that not all dreams come true. :) I also checked my unofficial university transcript, and I've managed to score a 3.7 GPA on my very first semester. Wow. I honestly never, ever thought that I was going to do that well. I'm now more confident than ever that I can handle this whole "secondary education" thing.
A few days ago I thought to myself, "self: things have been going so great lately. Everything is perfect. Therefore, something is just BOUND to go wrong...right?" Right! Christmas Eve I was as sick as a dog. It was terrible. I mean, imagine yourself wrapping (or at least attempting to wrap) 50 gifts while your head is pounding like a jackhammer and your throat swelling to unbelievable heights. This sickness lasted only a day, as I turned out to be absolutely fine Christmas morning. Jesus can do amazing things on his birthday.
I have a little over two weeks until I return back to stress, textbooks, and overall: good times. So I'm going to spend this time finding out what my hobbies are (since university makes you forget that hobbies actually exist). I'll read, I'll write, I'll draw, I'll watch movies, and maybe I'll even pick up the guitar again. But most of all, I'm gonna spend my time loving those whom I've been missing so very much.
This has definitely been the best Christmas yet. I got to share it with my whole entire family: Mom, Dad, brothers, sisters, and niece. If you ask me what presents and gifts I got for Christmas, well...I'm just gonna have to say: "I got my family for Christmas.", because there's no gift in the whole world that can make me feel so special and loved like the way my family can.
Seriously, what more could a person want?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic!!! Glad you felt better for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic picture! So glad that your visit home is better than you dreamed it would be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you , Jennifer Annnneeeeee. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Jenni!!! Best Christmas Ever!!!!! Do you remember how Alora would get so pumped every time we said your name?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, it wasn't that long ago. i'm pretty sure Jenni will remember.. :)

    i miss you!!!!!!! being home was fun. now i'm back in boring old calgary. lolol

    ReplyDelete