September 3, 2009

My 3 Day Road-Trip to the Beginning of My Life.

Day 1:
It felt strange leaving my driveway knowing that I wouldn't be returning for a very long time...and the funny thing is, is that I didn't even look back. Not even for that "one last look" kind of moments. I guess it's because all that was running through my mind at the time was the throbbing "don't cry don't cry don't cry" voice inside of my head.

My parents and I had breakfast at the local coffee shop before we went on our way. It was a nice chance to say 'farewell!' to some of my uncles. I didn't even finish my plate. The nerves were definitely kicking in.

I drove most of the way today, which was good, because it definitely relaxed me.

For night we stayed in a hotel that had just been opened that week. So none of the beds had ever been slept in, none of the toilets had been used...ect. It just felt so nice and clean!

Watching Home Improvement on my very own TV!

Day 2:

Now that I'm edging closer to my destination, and further away from the place I've always called 'home', I think that I'm going crazy.
I mean, I get so nervous sometimes. I can't even eat normally. All I keep thinking is, "what the heck am I doing here?" Months ago, I never would've guessed I'd be feeling at all uneasy about this...and these eerie, dark fog-covered mountains outside of my hotel room window aren't helping, at all.

Heading into Banff. Isn't this the weirdest-looking cloud ever?

Day 3:

Pretty much all I've eaten on this trip is Froot-Loops at the hotel continental breakfasts', Tim Hortons sandwiches for late lunch, and cups of Green Tea for suppers. The appetite is still not all there.

On my Ipod I've had Miranda Lambert, Leona Lewis, and The Wreckers on repeat.

To take a little break from driving, we went for a nice one-hour hike through the Othello Tunnels in the mountains. It was gorgeous. It gave me a really good feeling about living here.

I found this slug on the hiking trail! Isn't he cute? :)
My parents and I being adventurous.

We just had supper with a friend at Swiss Chalet, and I am nothing but excited right now. And let me tell you, it was the coolest, and most intriguing feeling ever, to know that you're eating at a restaurant that you could be eating at for the rest of your life. Like, it finally hit me that this is my new home! I love this city so much. I absolutely love it!!!

Tomorrow is the big day. The day I've been stressing/psyched about for the past 6 months. It's the day I get to unpack all of my belongings into the likes of a tiny shoebox called, my dorm-room.

Right now I'm just so excited and confident. I really can't believe that I'm going to be a university student when I wake up tomorrow. I feel so old, so mature, and even so...'cool', one might say.

Yes, these past few days have definitely been a journey. And when I think back as to how carried away I got with my fears at the beginning of this trip, I just roll my eyes. Like, what came over me? I went from being teary-eyed, to nervous, to TOTALLY EXCITED in three days.

Yep, that sounds just like me. :)

4 comments:

  1. You're there!!!!! So excited for you! Sounds like the drive there was a good time for you to process the experience. That's always important. Can't wait to learn about college life through your eyes Jenni...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! jenni!! i'm glad you made it safely. give me your address so i can forward elena's letter. i miss you here at home. but its hot outside. and so i will go. luv luv!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww... you got my letter!!! Too bad it's in grunthal and not where you are!! Oh well, maybe another time... I knew you'd LOVE it there jenni!! Enjoy every moment!!! It goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer!!! I am going to miss you so much. I'm just waiting for it to hit yet...

    :(
    Have a good year! Love you.

    ReplyDelete