September 3, 2015

Don't Stop The Madness.

"All I hear is what they're selling me
That God is love, he isn't suffering
And what you need's a little faith and prosperity
But, oh my God, I know there's more than this
If you promise pain it can't be meaningless
So make me poor if that's the price for freedom

Don't stop the madness
Don't stop the chaos
Don't stop the pain surrounding me
Don't be afraid, Lord, to break my heart
If it brings me down to my knees."

I LOVE this song by Tenth Avenue North.
Christianity does not equal prosperity. If that were the case, all non-believers would be in constant suffering and all believers would be successful (all by an earthly standard, of course).

Jesus, the one who died on the cross for our sins, the one who made a way for salvation, SUFFERED. If He, a man encompassed in perfection, suffered, then how can we not?
But like the song, said, the pain that is promised to us is not meaningless. 

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him" -James 1:12


How amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment