July 27, 2015

Twenty Years.


Today is July 27th, marking the 20th year since Dale's beautiful soul left this earth. Although it has been two whole decades now, this day never surprises me; It never sneaks up on me.
There is just a corner of my heart and mind that always know this day is here. Remembering it makes everything else--my worries, doubts, and fears seem so frivolous, because the memory of his short life points me toward all things eternal. Nothing makes me happier than knowing he is in Heaven with Jesus! This is such an amazing and incredible reality.
As you can see from the photos, Dale and I were not only siblings, but we were friends too. smile emoticon And although I have "lost" that physical friendship temporarily, with a grateful heart I still, and always will, have friendship with Jesus, for He has called me His friend (John 15:15).

"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear, what a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer".

No comments:

Post a Comment