June 6, 2011

Peter.

Wow! Would ya look at that? I am now on my 5th-day consecutive blog entry. I guess my inspiration and creative desire just comes in spontaneous spurts, and I feel like I am finally living up to my word of "I'm going to blog more, I promise!!".

Today I did many things; I made myself a fried egg sandwich for a late lunch.
I vacuumed. (I love cleaning!!)
I washed the hardwood floors. (I still love cleaning!!)
I washed the dishes. (Guess what, I still love cleaning!)
My sister taught me how to fold towels the RIGHT way. It's actually pretty neat.
I bought myself like 35 hangers and I STILL don't have enough for all the shirts in my closet. Ridiculous.
I drank like...5 cups of Green Tea. Talk about addicted.
I ran over to my sister's house for supper.
For the first time in my life I stopped my baby niece from crying. (!!!) I think I'm getting better at this whole "preparation for motherhood" thing.
I had two skype dates this evening.
I made a commitment to myself that I would start taking better care of my hair. It is so incredibly unhealthy and its length is disappearing.
I read the book of 1 Peter. It was lovely. I told myself I would choose my most favourite and meaningful passage from there, and although it was quite hard, I was able to choose one. "As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy you also be holy in all your conduct." 1 Peter 1:14-15. What this verse is screaming to me is, "Jenny, do not be that girl you were last summer! Do not search in all the wrong places in hopes to fill any emptiness you feel inside of you. The only person who can fill that void is Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment