November 18, 2009

Time and Place.

Lately I feel like all I ever do is: homework, eat, sleep, go to class, eat, write a paper, work out, sleep, go to class, and do more homework.


What ever happened to my interest and hobbies? And am I having one of those "I miss high school" kind of moments? No sir.  High school definitely wasn't for me. I'm just thinking about all of the things I used to do. I remember one year, I was in four different choirs. I used to sing and act in musicals (not that I was any good at it). I used to take piano and guitar lessons. I played flute in the school band, and keyboard in the jazz band. I used to play sports. I used to paint, draw, and sketch. The movie theatre was my second home. I used to take pictures and capture memories of everything and everyone. I even "baked" the occasional cookie, and according to my sister, I once made the greatest mac & cheese known to mankind (although I have absolutely NO recognition of this, whatsoever.)


Sometimes I feel like I'm just a robot, or a clone. I seem to leave footprints, and step in those same footprints the following day, and the day after that. I know that there's more to this chapter of life than just writing the standard paper, and striving for the ultimate GPA. Isn't it about realizing what talents and passions God has created in you?


I realized that I'm exceptionally skilled at getting off-topic. I just wanted to write that I miss having "extra-curricular" activities. I'm sick of just studying in my "spare" time. I want a chance to just live and breathe the non-academic air for just a moment or two.


Now that I come to think of it, being able to write in here as often as I do is definitely a blessing in itself. And I really shouldn't be worrying about my "lack-of-activities" issue, since in these past few months, I've been doing so many new things. Like going to old folks homes, packing Operation Christmas Child boxes, and attending University soccer, volleyball, and basketball games.


There's a time and place for everything I think.



3 comments:

  1. From what i hear, everyone is getting sick of school right about now. and by everyone i mean Cody.

    and i'll have you know it was the best Kraft Dinner i've ever had. and you never make it for me. i think we need to play restaurant when you come home for christmas.. eh? eh? i like the sound of that very much.

    i miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the reasons schools have Christmas Holidays! THey come at the perfect time when everybody needs a break!! I can't wait to see you at christmas breathing the "non-academic" air!!!
    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited for the ballet!! :D

    And Krissy, are you implying that you ARE coming home for Christmas afterall??

    I love you ladies!! <3

    ReplyDelete