October 1, 2009

My True Color.

For one of the classes I'm taking, University 101, I was required to take the True Colors personality quiz. The four colors are:

Gold: Responsible
Green: Curious
Blue: Harmonious
Orange: Adventurous

And as for my result?

Blue: "They're searching for the meaning of life. Their motivation is to feel authentic. They yearn for self-actualization, yet it is always just beyond their grasp. They are the peacemakers and as children find conflict very stressful. They focus on people and their relationships to one another. They love to build self-esteem and make others feel good about who they are. They can easily motivate and inspire people to make changes in their lives and reach their potential. They often work in careers that involve helping people, such as psychology, ministry, counseling, journalism, or teaching."

That is so me: I'm terrified of conflict, I'm desperate for authentication, and I want nothing more than to help people everyday of my life.

And speaking of helping, when I tell people that I'm majoring in English, they always reply with, "Oh, you're gonna be a teacher! I could totally see you doing that!"

...wait, What? ME? A Teacher?! I was thinking more along the lines of writing, journalism, and editing...but...

To be completely and CRAZILY honest, It actually makes me think twice. Maybe I could be a teacher...ONE day...even though I want to wring public-speaking's neck, maybe I could help and inspire others from the front of the classroom...

I always hear stories from teachers, leaders, and even resident assistant's of how they used to be so shy, and insecure, and 3 years ago they would've never pictured themselves leading and guiding others this way. And now, they're role models, they're loved, and they inspire SO many people. It amazes me. Truly. We obviously have so much potential inside of us, and hidden gifts we never knew we had. So it leaves me thinking...what if I could be like that? What if I became someone I thought I could never become?

But for now, I will get back to studying in the library...and work on completing this "Bachelor of Arts in English" major of mine...

I'm sorry I'm such a nerd. :)

2 comments:

  1. i wanna take the quiz!! send it to meee!!

    oh and remember, no matter what grades you get, i'll always be super proud of you. nothing could change that. cuz i know that you'll have done your best, and worked your hardest. keep following your dreams. no one ever said it would be easy..they also never said it would be hard. but it is, and its worth every agonizing night spent awake, every stressful hour studying for exams, every C grade. because you fulfilled your dream. not anyone elses. its your life. so live it.
    and you'll never end up alone jenni. you'll always have me, and leners, and kayla. (andrea knows a guy thats hot and perfect for you and has a nice jaw line..she wants to set you up..haha)

    i love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Geo!!
    I love you too... and I second everything krissi said. Just go at it hard and finish well!! and enjoy the journey! Who knows where you'll end up! I never thought I'd go live in VA for two years!! There are so many surprises along the way!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete