September 30, 2009

Studious Me.


Today was a good day. I could smell fall in the air, the rain was nothing but cleansing, and the doors were always, literally, opened for me.

Today was a much better day than yesterday, as last night was spent cuddled in a bed with my roomie, sharing a pint of Ben & Jerry's, and kleenex box while watching The Notebook. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and all, but after I turned out the light and lay still in my bed, I felt alone.

I'm telling you, those love stories get to me. Even love songs. They honestly make me feel like I'm missing out. But most of all, they make me sad because how could I possibly ever live to tell a story like that, from my own experience? The Notebook is probably the craziest, most intense and passionate love story I've ever seen. Like nothing could ever measure up. Then there's me...I've had absolutely no luck in the area of love. I'm eighteen years old with nothing to tell. Nothing.
Anyway, it took me awhile to fall asleep that night.

But like I said, today was a good day. I recovered swiftly from my anxious thoughts and woke up with a light heart.
I grabbed a croissant and tea from the cafe, accepted smiles from people passing by, gave them my own, and continued to listen to the sound of my heels click the floor beneath my feet.
After sitting through an hour and a half of psychology, I headed straight to the library to study the material for two hours after, innocently deaf to the chapel bell.
I then met with my friends for lunch, eating the most delicious chicken pot pie on this beautiful earth. (Ohhhh so good!) Feeling like the timing was perfect, I called my best friend from home, and we talked for a good two hours. Oh how I love talking on the phone. :)

The afternoon was filled with chilling in the dorms, changing from flats to cowboy boots, listening to music that kills you inside as you try to figure out what movie it's from, hugs, Seventeen magazine, changing my shirt, attending another class, slipping out of my cowboy boots and into high heels, cleaning my side of the room, changing my shirt once more, eye contact, witty conversations, butterflies, and of course, getting my daily dosage of Friends.

After supper, instead of choosing to conform to the life of a socialite, I grabbed my books and headed to the library. I was scholarly, I was studious...I was in there for 3 and a half hours. Yet, it wasn't enough, and yet, I still feel rusty. I mean, who am I to know that the limbic system structure that regulates hunger is called the Hypothalamus?

To clear my head, I cranked the country music and camped out in the gym for an hour. It was good. It was exactly what I needed. You know how most people listen to "pump-up" music while they're working out? Well, not me. I listen to sad tunes that are rich enough to break your heart. Don't ask me why, but it just works.

Yes, it definitely was a good day. Looking back, I feel like I finally have my priorities straightened out. I feel like I'm ready to get that A+ I've always wanted. I also feel like it's not good to be drunk off endorphins at 1 in the morning.

Yes, I'm indeed ready for tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jenni!!! Keep it up!! You're doing so well!!! I love your change of shoes throughout the day! haha!!!
    And don't worry about your passionate love story... it will come!! I promise!!! And trust me, in the end, you would much rather have nothing to tell about your romantic past, than a series of broken hearts, compromises, and regrets!!!
    Love yoU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres always time for love, don't ever let yourself or anyone else make you feel pressured or that you're short on time and you have to have a boyfriend NOWWW. no need to rush. you're young, beautiful, and have a lot of life to live. :)

    ReplyDelete