August 31, 2009

savoring every moment. <3

Today was a good day. No, an excellent day!
I woke up to a phone call from my sister who lives millions of miles away.
I had the honor of depositing a cheque into my savings account. Hooray for donations to the penniless freshman!
The sun was shining.
I got my roots done. (!!!) Man, I'm just wishing I could pack my hairdresser in my suitcase and get my hair done EVERYDAY at university. That would be excellent. :)
And preceding this hair appointment, I got two different compliments on my hair from two complete strangers! I find it weird how a compliment from a total stranger can mean so much more to you than when one of your closest friends compliments you. But I guess it does make sense, since that whole, "awe shucks, you're only saying that because you're my friend" accusation doesn't work on a stranger. Heh.
I had a Subway melt for lunch. Mmm, I love not having to pick tomatoes off sandwiches.
I was told by a cute little old lady that I look just like her granddaughter, blonde hair and all. "You are just so beautiful!" She said.
I got another phone call from that same sister who lives millions of miles away.
I got SO many green lights in the city, that it wasn't even funny.
I bought 10 items at the dollar store for a total of $12. What a STEAL! And when I walked into Dollarama, I remember thinking to myself, whyyyy do half of these items not even have price tags? Talk about inconvenient! And then I realized...-sigh-. And if you don't know what I realized then you are just as foolish as I am. Shows how often I shop at dollar stores...
My Mom made waffles with white sauce for supper, without even being begged by yours truly! Incredible.
After doing some serious digging around on the shoe rack, I realized that I have alot more shoes than I thought I did. (This is a good thing.)
My sister bought home a bag of chips for me. Oh how I love her.
I watched the movie, Footloose, for the first time in my life. Hahaha, enough said.
My Dad told us the funniest story at the supper table today. It was SO funny that it's SO not even worth repeating.
I completed almost a 1/4 of my packing to-do list. PATHETIC, since I leave in a little over 24 hours. It's pathetic, yet it's "typical jenni". So really, what can I say?

This is me portraying my lack of rooted hair, and my super cluttered room. Life is good.

5 comments:

  1. what a cutie!!!! your hair looks fantastic!!! and yes, i'm only saying that because i'm you sister!!! NOT!!!!!

    Have a good trip tomorrow!!! don't forget to check the mail!!
    love,
    your sister who lives a million miles away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair really does look great!! AND you are incredibly beautiful :)
    You can take that as a compliment from a stranger, or a friend, whichever makes you feel better! :D
    Your blog makes me smile - keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the hair! And the cluttered room. Mine is still cluttered most of the time! My half of the room anyway, Paul's half is always spotless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days like that are so nice to have. Good luck with all the packing. Love your hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, yay. :) I hope the move went well!! You have to tell me all about it, and we can swap stories.

    Also...
    You've never seen Footloose? :O JUMP BACK!

    ReplyDelete