September 14, 2009

Life these days!

I've noticed a pattern in my blogging mannerisms: I like to write in "list" form, alot. So in order to sum up my first week of University in beautiful British Columbia, that is what I will do.

My dorm room is perfect. Huge window. Long bed, (it's actually comfier than my bed back home). Big closet. Spacious bulletin board. And after I do all of the finishing touches around the room, I'll definitely post a picture of it. :)

My dorm building is perfect. Two massive lounges; complete with pool tables, ping pong tables, foosball tables, long couches, widescreen TVs, excellent speaker system and DJ.
It has a laundromat, which I have YET to use...
And a large kitchen! Which I have also yet to use... (but who needs a kitchen when you can go down to the cafeteria and eat hot food?)
And ALL of the people down my hall are perfect. Oh how I love them all.


Thinking of sleeping in? Well you can throw that idea out the window. TRAINS, BELLS, and BIRDS...

A bunch of friends and I rode the bus to a shopping mall. It was glorious. Since the school campus is five minutes from civilization, we NEEDED to get out of there and get a taste of the world once again. It felt good. I bought new shoes. :)


A couple of days ago I attended my first Journalism class. Despite how sure and confident I always seemed when it came to telling others of my dream to become a journalist, I always had an uneasy feeling about it. And after sitting through two hours of this class, I knew more than ever that I should've seen the red flags, and gone with my gut instinct. The life of a journalist is NOT the life for me. I'm not interested in being opinionated. I'm not interested in fighting, and debating. Ask anyone. I am not a fighter. And last but not least, I am not interested in hearing about how Barack Obama's election to presidency was the best news ever. I felt extremely uncomfortable sitting through that class. But I do think that I deserve a high-five after answering the "who is Bill O'Reilly?" question correctly. But anyway, after alot of thinking, I clicked the "drop" button of Journalism and said hello to the "add" button of Philosophy. My first Philosophy class is tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Today for the Outdoor Club, we went on an 8 hour mountain-hiking adventure. AH it was so great. I can't wait to see how sore I'm gonna be tomorrow. Next weekend it's either rock-climbing, or white-water rafting. Sounds good to me!

Tomorrow my first class, English Literature, begins at 8:30 AM. I'm so excited! But I'm not excited for the fact that I have to wake up so early...

It's almost 1 AM while I write this. And honestly, while everyone is sleeping is the ONLY time I can use to blog. It's honestly not the homework that keeps me busy (I don't have any yet), it's the social life. It's crazy. I love it! So that is why my blogs aren't so great and entertaining anymore, because I write them when I really should be sleeping. Haha. But honestly, I feel like my blogs are lacking not only in quantity, but in quality. -Sigh-

There's still sooo much I need to tell you, but like I said, there's just not enough time. Oh well, there's a time and a place for everything.

And by the way, things are going GREAT! :)

5 comments:

  1. too bad... i was hoping you'd be the next "Megyn Kelly" on America's Newsroom! hahah!!! So the people in the journalism class didn't like Bill eh? Don't forget, once school starts, you better do your homework and forfeit parts of your social life or you're gonna be in big trouble!!! Love Leo! hahaha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm stealing those shoes. Oh my god, they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm super glad you're taking pictures during your first days. those make for some of the funniest memories after you're done school. :) also, have fun, do what you want to do, take the classes you want to take. and don't forget to graduate with flying colours!! i miss you. sundays are so lonely without my jenners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps: I love your shoes too!!!!!!!! Also, I was thinking you should write bill o'reilly and tell him about the question you answered correctly and how liberal TWU is! You might get on the air!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Obama The Lama is not the most exciting news that the entire universe has ever heard of.

    I'm glad things are going well!!
    MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete