August 10, 2015

A Tease of Our New Home.


There is a photo of our new apartment building, that we have officially lived in for -almost- two weeks! Like a fantastic wine, everyday here just keeps getting better and better. There are moments where I will notice that I have been standing in the middle of the living room just staring at everything around me, trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is actually our new home! (Does the shock ever wear off? I hope not). It is too beautiful to be true. It smells too new to be true, and it feels too clean to be true.

I am not trying to sound like I am bragging about this, but if you would have seen our old apartment, then you would totally understand. I get amusingly excited about the little things that most people would find nonsensical. 
These windows are so easy to open!
There are no ants in our sugar bowl!
Our front door actually locks!
A thermostat of my very own?!

I have been having a crazy good time perusing up and down the aisles of Target, Big Lot's, HomeGoods, and Kohl's (am I livin' in America or what?) trying to find pieces to make our home just a little more....homey. Most purchases were "needs" rather than wants, such as a Mr. Clean toilet brush and a sturdy shower caddy. And then of course there have been a few "wants" purchases like bedside lamps and bedding. To offer a visual example, below is my new kitchen rug from Target (it was the last one in this colour, I simply had to buy it), that I like to call my "sparkle rug". :)


Interior decorating has always been one of my "things". Even as a young middle-schooler I was alwaaaays rearranging the furniture in my bedroom for a new look; I even painted the walls red (all by myself!), and convinced my Dad to replace the boring carpet with a fuzzy shaggy one! My bedroom was my sanctuary, and now, this apartment is my sanctuary. As a self-declared homebody I have the right to transform our apartment into the warmest, coziest, brightest, and most romantic place on the earth, since the majority of my time will be here anyway. ;)

I plan to take some proper photos of this place tomorrow. I cannot wait to show you all what we have fortunately gotten ourselves into. :)

Love, Jenny.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Do you have a balcony? You should BBQ!!! I can't wait to see more pictures and details!

    ReplyDelete