March 7, 2015

30 Things About Me That May Surprise You.


1. Ever since I moved to Maryland my eyes are ALWAYS red and I've had several people here ask me if I'm OK. (!?!) I promise I'm not a miserable person! I get lots of sleep and I'm not always crying! Sigh...

2. I am in no way a health "freak". (The furthest I go is avoiding Aspartame, only because I dislike the icky aftertaste). I love sugar, I love meat, I love fat, and I love carbs. Mmm...

3. I don't exercise...scratch that, I don't -intentionally- exercise. But I probably should! Haha!

4. I hate talking loud. It hurts my throat.

5. I taught myself HTML when I was 12. I distinctly remember creating websites on domains such as Angelfire and Geocities. I always wanted to learn CSS coding, but I think once I grew out of my Neopets.com phase, I just never got around to it. LOL.

6. I truly used to believe that I was a good judge of character based on "first impressions". But today I can wholeheartedly say that I am 99 times out of 100: WRONG. In fact with some people I'm good friends with now, I didn't think I meshed well with in the beginning. How funny is that? And no, I'm not naming names. :P

7. I went to Culinary school...but some days the last thing I want to do is cook...is this normal? Am I normal?

8. In high school my best friend and I used to video ourselves dancing and lip syncing to our favourite songs. This would take place in the car, in our bedrooms, in our living rooms...anywhere and everywhere!! We even uploaded them to YOUTUBE. How embarrassing! (I've removed them since, but I am keeping them on my computers' hardrive forever).

9. I have recently rekindled my love for XBOX and it has totally siezed any chance I have at being productive. Jarryd and I just can't put the controller down!!

10. Not that anyone cares, but I have finally confirmed my year-round drink routine at Starbucks:
February-August: Caramel Macchiato w/ extra caramel.
September-October: Pumpkin Spiced Latte.
November-January: CARAMEL BRULEE LATTE <---obviously the best drink ever.

11. I'm not the biggest fan of DIY projects. I did it once the other day, so now I'm good for like 3 years. I choose convenience over hard-labour. (Haaa!)

12. I LOVE hockey! For some reason, my 22 years in Canada didn't do a thing for me hockey-wise, but as soon as I move to the US it's what most of mine and Jarryd's evenings consist of! (Go Winnipeg Jets!!)

13. My absolute favourite food is honey-garlic chicken...Oh! And also my father-in-laws' cocunut chicken curry. (I grew up on a chicken farm, I can't help but like chicken!)

14. I'm one of those people who thinks about the past more than the future. I have a habit of flipping through old photographs and bringing up old memories when I'm talking with my friends (Remember when we...ect, ect.). It's not the most productive thing in the world, but it sure makes my heart warm. :)

15. I love wine. And Pepsi. Not Together. Separate.

16. I take really long showers, like I'm talkin' 45 minute long showers. As a female with long hair, there is just so much that needs to be done!!

17. As much as I love having moved to a whole 'nother country and exploring what this part of the world has to offer, I still go through these really deep-cutting moments (moments that last a few hours usually) of homesickness. It sucks. Sometimes it feels as if the whole Manitoban-Canadian-girl inside of me has died and I miss her, her friends, and her family, so very much. I love my life, but it's not always easy.

18. After all of these years of country to pop transitions, I still love Taylor Swift...and her scottish-fold cats. (SO CUTE!)

19. I'm a Jr. Youth leader at my church. (Surprised? ME TOO!!) It's so stinkin' challenging for me, but God is teaching me so much through it. I feel like I'm growing. (?!)

20. Sometimes when I look back at my wedding I get really bitter feelings...toward myself! Like, WHY did I spend so much money on that? WHY did I need to do that? Oh Jennifer if only you would have saved your money so that life would be a teeny wee bit simpler now...Sigh.

20. I would love for my next trip to be to Nashville, TN. Perhaps see a Predators game and a country concert of any sort. Who wants to come with meeeee?

21. Mine and Jarryd's wedding was 9 months ago and we're STILL working on Thank-You cards. It's so overwhelming and haunts me in my dreams!! We are so close to being done though!

22. I help out with the preschoolers class at church on Sunday mornings. A lady from church asked me if I would help and I said yes, just because I was new to this church/community and wanted a place to put my time in serving. I never thought I'd love it this much! Those little ones bring so much joy to my heart, like EVERYTHING is just so wonderous and exciting to them.

23. I just got my EAD (Employment Authorization Card) in the mail, which means I can now legally work in the USA! Half of me is super excited for this, the Netflix-internet-cooking-blogging-cleaning-sleeping-in-reading-xbox half of me is quite distressed.

24. I installed curtain rods & curtains in our apartment a few weeks ago and felt SO empowered, as if I could do ANYTHING now.

25. I have realized that the most difficult part about moving from your home to a new place (or country, if you will) in your mid-twenties, is making friends. Everyone already has their set group of friends and routines that it's hard to fit new people in. Oh well, things like this take time!

26. Two things from Costco that Jarryd and I ALWAYS have in our freezer: Mrs. T's potato & cheddar pierogies, and Tyson Panko Chicken Breast Tenderloins.

27. I was actually sad when I found out that Josh & Andi (bachelorette) broke up. Do I know them? No, not at all.... LOL.

28. I really miss the innocent mind I used to have. The more places I go, the more people I meet, the more articles I read, and the more things I watch, the more music I listen to, have totally taken my brain to places that I never want to go again. I'm really learning the importance of Philippians 4:8: "Whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things".

29. The top 5 things I say to my husband each day:
1)I'm cold.
2) I'm hungry.
3) I need a massage (!!!)
4) I'm cold again.
5) I'm sleepy.
Pretty much every bodily function. HA!

30. I hate to be rushed. It makes me feel like I'm being pressured, which then makes me feel irritated. I take my time with almost everything, especially this blog. (Not always a good thing, haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment