December 1, 2014

Lives.

Today is the first of December, and it got me thinking: wow, it has sure been a wild year. So much has happened...so much has changed. Sadly, I haven't taken the time to blog about any of it!
But I'd say that not "taking the time" isn't my genuine excuse...

Truthfully, When I compare my current 2014 life with my former 2009 life, I haven't felt like my life has been that interesting lately. What I mean to say is, when I started this blog back in 2009, it was when I felt like my life was at its peak. I was in my final year of high school about to graduate. Me, a mere small-town girl from the prairies got accepted to Trinity Western University, an awesome school on the west-coast of Canada. I had these huge dreams, an insane amount of bravery, (and an annoying vat of boy issues, which is always entertaining to read about on a blog). I was starting my first year of university at a school where I didn't know a soul! It was an amazing and challenging year. And then the year after that I flew to Bible School in Germany all by myself, and experienced six months of learning God's Word, traveling Europe, and making great friends (and a future-husband, wink wink)! I mean, who wouldn't want to read a blog all about a somewhat-naive-(lets-just-admit-it) single girl traveling the world?

They say...that real faith in your walk with Christ begins when you step out of your comfort zone. I guess I felt like those were the craziest, most adventurous years of my life and were worth the zillions of blog posts. So when I compare my present life, with my "college-years" life, I don't have much of an urge to write. Especially when I browse through the blogosphere and notice that all newly-wed blogs are--roughly--the same, where EVERYONE owns a "fur baby". I don't want to be a clone of the typical newly-wed blog...although I really do want a cat...really badly.

It is really silly of me to compare my different stages of "lives" since, the 2009-me has shaped me into the 2014-me. And how could I possibly compare the two? They are so different and beautiful, crazy, adventurous, and faith-testing in their own way. When I put all my insecurities aside, I really am pleased with how everything has turned out and how many of my dreams I have reached--unexpected dreams included!

(Since my days of avid-blogging, a few things have happened!)

I completed my final year of Bible College where I earned my A.A Social Sciences degree, and also realized my love for being in the kitchen. (I went from desiring a profession in Counseling to desiring a profession in Culinary!)

I then moved back to my home province (Manitoba!) where I worked two jobs that had some of the most amazing co-workers. I will never ever forget them!

And THEN (I will always, always, always kick myself for not being a disciplined blogger about this stage in my life, then again school + getting engaged = no time) I moved to Ontario and attended Culinary school! I have never loved school so much! I however would like to write a "throwback" blog entry about my culinary school days, so stayed tuned!

And now we are here. I am MARRIED, and have been married for over five months now. I am living in one of the most beautiful areas in the U.S.! I have my own apartment (that I share with the hubs of course). I have my own Keurig (also shared, haha). I have my own kitchen, (which is a dream come true for me) where I do a ton of cooking and baking! Translation: I'm just in this new and unique time of life where I am adjusting to being married and settling into an entirely different country all at once, different home, different church, different friends, different family...different everything. {Same God though!}

So I guess what I am trying to say here, is that although I may not be living in Europe, visiting the Eiffel tower on weekends and eating at lavish creperies for breakfast, I still find my current life to be interesting and special in its own way, and keeping a record of it isn't such a terrible idea. I also hope that whoever is reading this (IF anyone is reading this) finds it interesting as well...then again, it's my blog and I can write about whatever I so desire. :)

{I still have hair, it's just in a bun}

XoXo Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment