September 18, 2014

This Day in September!

Yes! This is me. This photo was taken yesterday, for no reason at all. Sometimes, when I have time, I like to curl my hair, put on a nice shirt (my husband likes polka-dots and my Mom always told me..."Jennifer, I think red is definitely your colour"), and take photographic evidence of all my hard labour. (I hope and pray you sense the sarcasm in that last sentence)


Grey's Anatomy. This show has been around since 2005, since I was 14 years old. Since it's existence, throughout my entire middle school, high school, and college years I have refused to watch it. I was never into the whole medical drama thing. I mean, an entire show that takes place inside of a hospital? I'm sure one can only watch so many heart transplants, blood transfusions, and scenes of body excrements spewing out EVERYWHERE...right? WRONG. This show is fascinating!!! The minds of surgeons and their surgical interns are ones that I will never understand. They are absolutely insane, completely and totally nuts...but we need them. What would the world do without these people who get an adrenaline rush from operating inside of a human body? I love this show because it's the perfect balance of suspenseful, serious drama, romance, and comedy. It makes me laugh (OUT LOUD, mind you), makes me cry, and makes me thankful for the absolute insanity called life that doctors/nurses endure every. single. day. Thank you for doing the job that I could NEVER be able to handle. A big shoutout goes to:

Thank you Netflix for allowing me to watch unearthly long hours of Grey's Anatomy episodes back to back with no commercials. And then there's that love-hate thing of automatically continuing on to the next episode without my permission. Tsk tsk.

Lecrae's newest album, Anomaly, is amazing. It's so awesome to see a Christian artist earn #1 on the Billboard 200. His lyrics are incredible, so honest, and raw. One of my favourite songs from the album, called "The Good, Bad, Ugly", is where he shares some pretty heavy things about his past; in verse one he shares how in high school he and his girlfriend had an abortion ("So I dropped her off at that clinic
That day, a part of us died"), and then in verse two he admits that his babysitter molested him when he was just 8 years old ("Told me to keep that secret safe
How a young boy supposed to deal
I'm tryna act like it ain't real
Had my innocence just stripped from me")

Those two things are the things that breaks my heart the most...and I know way too many people who have experienced such things. It just shouldn't be this way. What an ugly world we live in...but there is hope! Satan likes to make us believe that we are alone in our sins, that if people found out, our lives would be ruined. But God encourages us to confess our sins to each other, to pray for each other, because truly there is strength in numbers...and chances are high that we are all going through the same "crap".  Lecrae ends that song with: "And only God can help me get free
But I've been forgiven, my Savior risen
I'm out the prison, I know that
I got the power to say to no to all of my struggles
God will control that
Every time we slip and we fall
Gotta get back up and fight on
We are not defined by our past
The future look bright, I see the light on."


This early afternoon it was pouring rain outside. I only love the rain when I have no place to be but inside my apartment, warm and dry, smelling like sweet cinnamon pumpkins. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment