May 6, 2012

Thankful.

I'm so thankful for family. I'm thankful that I finally decided to get a cell phone so I can now text my two sisters living in two different provinces. They are wonderful!

I'm thankful for the giant BBQ we just had where I spent over four hours conversing with fellow family members. Some of whom I haven't seen in months or YEARS. No matter what, that family of over 100 people will always be my team; we are farmers and farm kids, church-goers, amazing home cooks, hard-workers, and . No matter what, we will always get each others jokes until our sides hurt from all the laughing and we will always understand each others hardships and struggles...we've just been through it all together, and I am so blessed to have grown up in such a huge family that is still growing and growing!

I'm thankful that I live 5 minutes away from my brother and 15 minutes away from my parents. They are so nice--they even let me use their internet while mine is still in the works!

On a side note, the red in my hair has faded into the exact colour of copper red that I wanted:


On another side note, Saturday evening it seemed I was the only person on the planet without any plans, so I drove myself to the movie theatre, grabbed myself a bag of popcorn (it's the whole reason I see movies in the first place!!) and sat down to watch The Lucky One, all by myself. Some people couldn't ever imagine going to watch a movie all by themselves, for various reasons such as they have a family to take care of, or it's just too "embarrassing" looking like such a loner. I don't have a family of toddlers I need to tend to, and I've always enjoyed the "loner" way of life...well, I enjoy it every ONCE in awhile, definitely not all the time. Plus, I'm such a GIRL that when it comes to watching Nicholas Sparks movies I looooooooong to soak every ounce of it in with no inturruption, so this was the perfect movie to watch on my own. No one was there to make comments about how cheesy that scene was or how unrealistic that part was. I love love stories and I am willing to take a stand for them!! Leave them alone!!! I don't know...everytime I read or watch a Nicholas Sparks film it just reminds me again of why in the first place I was an English Lit major my freshman year of college. Stories are BEAUTIFUL and Sparks knows how to write them. Sigh...

I'm still on the hunt for jobs. Prayer would be greatly appreciated. I KNOW God has one out there for me, it's just all about His timing on when it's about to arrive... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment