May 8, 2012

Five Hundred And Seven.

Good news--my condo has FINALLY attained internet! I know I know, I hadn't even lived in this place for a week and I was already freaking out. But it is only once I am without the internet that I realize how much I really do rely on it...for things like the weather, online banking, job listings, movies times (haha), Skyping, and of course blogging! Oh dear blog how I have missed you so!

Speaking of which, after this entry is posted, I will have officially written 507 blog entries. When I first created this blog, it was the summer of 2009. I was 18 years old and fresh outta high school.
I remember being upset about a boy who didn't like me back...I mean, my very first blog post was the lyrics to "Unstoppable" by Rascal Flatts. I was so over dramatically heart-broken, and 3 years later I cannot help but roll by eyes at this. So many things back then seemed like the end of the world to me. My desire here and now is not to minimize the hurt I felt those short years ago, for it was very real at the time. My desire is just to let it sink in how far I have come! I never let those silly problems keep me from doing great things. I had been accepted to University in BC and I couldn't WAIT for that summer to be over. I couldn't wait to explore the world!!

And three years later, a woman of 21 years now has explored much of the world. I've met so many people who changed my life completely. I'll never forget those girls in my dorm in BC who kept me so grounded--at the time I was so flighty...I could have done many -more- stupid things if it weren't for those girls. I'll never forget everyone I met at Bible school in Germany, students AND staff. Over a year later and we are all still sharing with each other on our Bodenseehof Facebook group. It was there that I fell in love with a guy who actually fell in love with me too and we've been bestest friends and going strong ever since. And I'll never forget the lady I met at Bible college in Saskatchewan whom everyday would remind me -over a cup of tea- what life is really all about: loving God, yourself, and others. Our last night together we stayed up until 6 in the morning just talking. Just TALKING. :)

After all of that world exploration I experienced, I came to realize that I was indeed, in love with my hometown. And 507 blog entries later, here I am! No longer crying about the boys who didn't like me back and no longer doing any stupid things...for the most part. :P I am blessed to have a boyfriend who is more in love with the Lord than with me and I am blessed to have many people in my life I can run to for help and encouragement.

I love that I have had this blog for so long! I love that just by reading through all 3 years of it I can SEE the growth.

God is good. :)

Here was me last Wednesday--eating my very first meal in my very first condo: strawberry, almond, spinach, oil & vinaigrette salad! Yumm-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment