August 4, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11-14

This verse is an absolute favourite among God-lovers. Admit it, we've all underlined it in our Bibles, we've all heard it in Sunday School and Bible School, and we've all written it on a post-it note and stuck it beside our desks. We know this verse...but then again, do we really know it?
I love love love using different Bible translations to compare verses. It helps me decipher, which helps me to understand, which then helps me to apply. And it's when I apply that my world REALLY starts to shake and my relationship with God begins to blossom.

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—
plans to take care of you, not abandon you,
plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.
When you come looking for me, you'll find me.
Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else,
I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.
I'll turn things around for you...You can count on it."

I LOVE The Message Bible, and I love this verse, but what I love most... is that today this verse became real to me. Today, I got to experience God's promise first-hand, the promise written above, that He's always here to listen to us; It's this promise that states that when we call on Him, He'll listen. God loves us and He always wants the best for us. And because He doesn't answer our prayers right off the hop it may feel like He's got His ear turned away from us, and our impatience can provoke doubt. But God is God and He answers in HIS timing, not ours. And you know what? God's timing is the best timing. And I am blessed to say that two hands/ten fingers isn't enough to count the instances. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment