September 6, 2010

I Want That.

The other day when I watched Taylor Swift's new video for "Mine", I cried. I actually, literally, seriously ...cried. I'm not sure why; maybe it was because I've been counting down the seconds for that video to come out, and the excitement just hit me like a brick wall. Or maybe it was because all I could think to myself was, I want that.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried, and I'm not ashamed to admit that what that video portrays is everything beautiful to me.
These days the practical side of my brain has been working in full swing. My head is finally outta the clouds and my lungs are breathing in the non-dreaming, suffocating air of this world. I've almost had myself convinced that life isn't like what you see the in movies, the music videos playing on CMT, or what's on the radio. Almost; but when I watched this music video, it's as if all of my convincing threw itself out the window. Sigh. The life of a dreamer is a tough one.
I think I need some sleep, lot's and lot's of sleep. You can only sleep less than five hours a night for so long before you begin to go a lil' crazy. Not tonight though, Gilmore Girls is a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment