April 14, 2010

Good Morning, Sunshine.

Have you ever had one of those days where everyone just seems repulsed by you? The cashier refuses to give you a smile or look you in the eye, someone you know passes you on the sidewalk and never acknowledges your existence. You do all you can to give a bright smile, and with a twinkle in your eye you say "Hey! Good morning!" and stop in your tracks, itching for conversation, when all they do is say "...hi..." and practically hurdle past you.

All of these events build and build and build up until it makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me. I end up wasting time trying to identify all the factors that could make me a repulsive person.

I then tell myself: Jenn, don't make the Fundamental Attribution Error (thank you, Psychology 106); don't think that everyone has a personal disposition to despise you, while forgetting all the situational factors involved. It's 8 in the morning...and not everyone is a morning person like you.

Despite all of the half-asleep grumps, I love mornings! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yep and later, many a person will tell you how they appreciate your sparkly smile!!!

    ReplyDelete