April 13, 2010

God is Good, so Good.

Life has been pretty comfortable lately. Thanks to my late 3 AM nights and my on-going Facebook fast, I have been finishing all of my assignments on time, and the stress levels are now currently sitting at a low. I have only a few assignments left before exams roll around next week; one assignment left to do includes watching and comparing Oh Brother Where Art Thou with the Wizard Of Oz. (SWEET!)

Last Sunday was the most beautiful day. It was plus 15 with pure sunshine, so my friends pulled out the blankets and lay out on the grass for over 4 hours. I think I even got some color on me! I forgot how much I missed the sun. The rain is so frequent here that you're so used to running indoors at every opportune moment. The sun reminded me of how excited I am for summer: going for jogs in the blaring heat, laying on the beach, having campfires every evening...

Despite the lovely realization that summer is just around the corner, I really think that these next three weeks are going to be the hardest. I have to say so many goodbyes. I can't even describe how great some of the people here are. They have changed my life completely. It's weird not knowing the next time you're ever going to see some of these faces again; it's numbing. But the beauty of being in a relationship with Christ is having the confidence that we'll all see each other again one day in Heaven. If I keep this fine fact in mind, maybe the depression won't even sink in. Maybe goodbyes are just a part of life. And maybe God's plan is flawless.

So yes, these next few weeks will be trying, but I'm going to soak in every second of it. And the daily Gilmore Girls' marathons with my best friends don't hurt either. :)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe God's plan is flawless!!! Who knew?!?!?! For some reason, I keep trying to come up with a better one! :P

    You just keep on truckin' Jenni! The best of life is yet to come!

    I looked at that picture and thought, "boy, jenni looks different" and then I looked again and said, "hey! that's not even jenni!" at first glance I thought the girl on the right was you!!!! hahaha!!!!!

    Now, you keep on mentioning all this homework and studying you have to do... yet you have time for gilmore girls and suntanning!!! Oh brother....

    oh, and you forgot to put in your list of summer things "visit Ron & Lena" and "get a job" :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore you, I admire you, I am in awe of you, I am blessed to be your friend, I am jealous of you (in a friendly way, heehee), I am encouraged by you, I am SO EXCITED TO GO TO FARGO WITH YOU, and most of all:


    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char-wee is totally wearing your shirt.

    Everyone has to say goodbyes. it is a part of life. but don't ever be fooled. you will see them again. you'll see. Leaving Germany for the first time was really painful. but then i ended up seeing everyone all over again. Goodbye is not final, it is not forever, its temporary. :)

    I love you more then Sam does. lololol

    ReplyDelete