August 21, 2009

Just Thinkin'

My left eye has been twitching for about a month now. Seriously, a WHOLE month. And all I can do is ask myself in a sad, and hopeless manner, “Why...why me?”

I have now come to realize that after your friends throw you a surprise party, you are in total shock for about an entire hour. It’s the weirdest thing. I mean, you’d think that you’d get over the whole surprise part right after everyone has finished screaming and flashing their cameras in your face, but that’s just not the way it works. I sat through that fine dinner with a painted on smile, pinching myself and silently asking, “Am I dreaming? Is this really happening to me? These things never happen to me!” I love my friends, so very much! :)

I could watch the movies, “When Harry Met Sally” and “You’ve Got Mail” over and over again. The reason is most likely because Meg Ryan always has the most incredible chemistry with any male actor out there.

My new favorite pastime? Horsebacking riding, in the rain. <3

Have you ever had a short, casual conversation with someone, then after you’re only left wishing that you could’ve talked more? Wishing you could’ve gotten to know them better? You wanna know those simple, yet life-changing moments; when they had their first kiss, where they went to University, how they earned their money when they were your age, and when they finally fell in love. I’ve been having a lot of these moments lately. Getting to know someone who has many, many, years on you, is like having the privilege of reading a great book, an autobiography. There’s so much wisdom gained and lessons learned behind each word said. And let me tell you, it makes you want to really live, hoping that someday someone will askyou for your autobiography.

Ryan Reynolds is sexy, and I think the following picture says it all:

"Boy in the Striped Pajamas" has to be thee saddest movie of all time. I was left there, alone on my couch, sobbing.

Going clothes shopping with guys is so easy. Anything, and everything looks good on them! I'm jealous.

My favorite thing about a song isn’t the gentle voice behind it, the melodious guitar that makes your heart melt every time, the rhythmic beat keeping the tempo, or the climax after the second chorus…it’s the lyrics. Lyrics are beautiful, vulnerable, and mean so much more than just words. Lyrics are an equalizer in a world that tries too hard to prove that everyone’s different. They’re like a journal entry put to music. They’re the only part of a song that can truly make you feel like you’re not the only person in the world who has ever felt loved, free, ecstatic, broken, angry, scared, faithful, or any other possible state of being. They make you feel not so alone.

I love storm-chasing with my Dad. It really is no wonder where I got my adventurous side from… ;)

These past few weeks I’ve suddenly become hooked on the television show “The View”. There’s just something whimsical about four old women bickering about the latest hot worldly topics on live television.

I love the smell of rain.

How the packing for University going, you may ask? Let's just say I have sheets, scrapbooks made by best friends, pillows, mirrors, mascara wands, full bottles of Herbal Essences Shampoo & Conditioner, picture frames, and electric kettles all piled into one corner of my room. Ah yes, the life of a procrastinator is a good one.

And last but not least, you can never eat too many unbaked cookies. Ever.

3 comments:

  1. When I was in college, my right eye twitched for a month too!!! It was the busiest month of my life, so I think it was stress related. We had a big storm down here yesterday. Apparently, in the next town there were thousands of people left without power! Crazy eh? And one man got swept into a culvert. But we're doing just fine! We just got a day off from watering the flowers! :)
    You'll have to visit again sometime jenni, i found the coolest walking path in the park! love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni - love the blog!!! :) Your writing is wicked and courageous! I agree - you can never eat too many unbaked cookies... Although the best time to eat them is when they are still warm, with a bowl and spoon and a little ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say that what you said about lyrics being the best part of the song is sooo true. It's my favourite part of writing a song too, also the scariest part because when i play a song for people it's like letting somebody read a page of my journal. I also love the smell of rain, and yes, ryan reynolds is crazy sexy haha

    ReplyDelete