August 18, 2009

I am comfortable.

You Are An Intro-Extrovert!


Sometimes you're social - sometimes you're shy.
You've got a bit of an Introvert / Extrovert split going on.
You enjoy all sorts of situations. Parties, small groups, and alone time.
Too much of one, and you'll long for the other. You need variety!
Chances are, you've got both serious and fun friends - and they don't get along.



When I read the question, "Are You An Introvert or an Extrovert?" I thought to myself, introvert, hands down! But as I was going through the quiz an answering all of the simple and uncomplicated questions, it definitely got me thinking...I'm not as introverted as I thought I was...
For instance, somedays, nothing sounds better than being wrapped up in big blanket and watching a movie, alone. In my solitude. And the thought of leaving the house and seeing people makes me cringe.
But other days, there's nothing I want more than to get out of the house and go do the craziest things with the craziest of people.

I remember in high school, I absolutely loathed working in groups. I always felt like working with several other people just brought me down, and that none of my ideas would ever be considered because everyone was too focused on socializing rather than simply just getting down to business. If you're a hardcore extrovert reading this, it's probably a difficult thing for you to picture. I mean, YOU try explaining to a hardcore introvert that public speaking is the highest of highs. It's all just unexplainable. Your comfort zone is your comfort zone. It's who you are. It's truly amazing how different the gears can turn in our brains.

About 2 years ago I took my first "Are you an introvert or an extrovert?" quiz on the internet, and I was angry with my result; introvert. I didn't
want to be an introvert, because high school had created an introverted person as someone who never talks, always has their hair in their face, whose only hobby is being locked up in their bedroom reading science fiction books day after day, and their only friend is their pet cat named Seymour. In some EXTREMELY RARE cases, this could be true. But I all in all, I didn't want to be associated with a group like that. Because the only way to make it to the next level of the teenage "popularity game", was to be a talker, partier, social butterfly, talker, dare-devil, talker, frequent party host, and oh, did I mention a talker? To be honest, I seem to attract these extroverts. I'm a magnet, and I'm not exactly sure as to why...maybe it's because I love to listen, and I could possibly be the only person who ever truly listens to them. Hmm...

But now, as a grown 18-year-old, I am nothing but ashamed to have ever thought that introverts were somehow lower than everyone else. Now, as a grown 18-year-old I have opened my eyes, become as open-minded as an open-minded woman can be, and have fallen in love with personalities of all types. And now, as a grown eighteen-year-old, I have embraced my introverted qualities, and am somehow balancing it perfectly with my newly gained extroverted qualities. I have never loved myself more than I do right now! I am truly happy.



2 comments:

  1. i like being an introvert. its not as self-centred as everyone thinks it is. besides, everyone else is extroverted. its nice being a little more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, grown 18 year old. funny. i'd have to agree with stina though, being introverted is awesome, although i think i'm more like you in the intro-extovert thing, sort of riding the fence. it's a good way to be

    ReplyDelete