October 20, 2015

Back in the U.S. of A!


Well, I'm back!

My very first trip to Canada as merely a "visitor" has come and gone. Eleven days sure fly by. Eleven amazing days, actually. ;)

While in Canada, I was really excited to get back to the US. I was missing Jarryd, my apartment, and my routine; but I was more excited to get back with new goals in mind and to start things afresh here.

I'm currently on my third day back here in Maryland, and I have already been flummoxed in whirlwind of emotions. I was so happy to see Jarryd, but sad at the thought of no longer being able to call up my best friends and hang out at their house or invite them over. I was sad I couldn't see my parents on a weekly basis, or anyone in my family for that matter.

Without a doubt the biggest sacrifice of moving to a new country have been my family and friends. Nothing could ever top that. I love Canada, and my family and friends are what Canada is to me.

I'm happy, I'm sad, and I'm also fearful.

I'm scared that nothing is going to change. I'm scared that I'll be living in this restless state of mind forever, working at a job that isn't my dream job, and longing for a depth in relationship with family and friends that I may never achieve here.

Take it one day at a time, I suppose.

“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?” Luke 12:22-26

P.S.- A blog post about my Canada trip is in the works! Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment