February 23, 2013

Love & God.


Replace the word LOVE with GOD and you get something so miraculously true:

GOD is patient,
God is kind.
He does not envy,
He does not boast.
He is not rude,
He is not self-seeking.
He is not easily angered.
God keeps no record of wrongs,
God does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
He always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
God never fails.

All of this 1 Corinthians love stuff is so easy RIGHT NOW while I'm at home alone and cozy on the couch. It's easy to trust and be kind and patient when there's not a soul around to bother you. But I want to be able to remember this stuff and practice this stuff in the moments that really matter, like when I'm interacting with people. When I'm in the fiery heat of the moment with another person and all I can think about is myself and my own feelings. I don't want to be selfish, I want to be an example of ultimate maturity, which is to strive to be like God. Sometimes I'm scared living out the characteristics above will just cause me to be a doormat, but in all actuality it's just taking the high road. Think of how God trusts YOU and is patient with YOU and never keeps any record of wrongs from YOU...I mean, if God can do that with us, then why on earth can't we be the same with our friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, spouse, siblings, parents, ect? Why not?? I believe it's possible, not by our own strength but by God's strength.

2 comments:

  1. So now that I've scolded you in person about your lack of blogging, it's time to step up your game! I need something to entertain me at work, haha

    ReplyDelete