May 14, 2012

Best Night & BBQ Chicken Pizza

My idea of a good, good day is spent doing the things I love the most. The things that make me happy...the things that make me, me!

Such as going for a jog in the morning (it feels so good to be back into my exercise regime again), Skyping with the boyfriend at noon (we are one-of-a-kind, that's for sure haha), and reading a book for pleasure/leisure purposes in the afternoon (no more of this college textbook business!).

I then spent the evening in the kitchen, (as of this year, it's my new favourite place to be)! Beforehand, while buying my mother a gorgeous bouquet of white chrysanthemum daisies for Mother's Day, I bought all of the ingredients to bake a BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA. Honestly, what sounds better than dough, chicken breasts, garlic bbq sauce, green onions, red onions, cheddar & mozzarella cheese, oregano, thyme, and basil??

[Before being baked in the oven--check out all those beautiful colours!!]

I had the condo to myself that night, so I turned up some Josh Turner country and sipped some bubbly pink Rosè as the pizza baked in the oven. Mmm mmm! :)

[My beauty of a kitchen--counterspace is such a joy!]

It looked delicious, but it didn't turn out the way I expected it to. Note to self:
*don't be lazy--make your OWN pizza crust. The grocery-store crust that I bought was not crispy at all!
*don't go cheap on the BBQ sauce. Choose the expensive Bulls-eye sauce over the on-sale Kraft sauce. (the flavour of the sauce is really want makes or breaks the pizza, and that Kraft flavour was so not my thing!)
*fry the chicken a little longer...
*Use less sauce...I went a little sauce-happy...Ha!

[It looked better in person, but none-the-less, it was sure tasty!]

I then ended the evening with getting my "Definitely, Maybe" DVD stuck inside the innermost being of the DVD player, and spent a good 15 minutes trying to dig it out. Eventually, I fetched it. Praise God! :)

[My hair is getting blonder with every wash haha]

1 comment:

  1. Jenni! I love your kitchen! How fun! Post some more pics of your new place! I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete