April 4, 2012

People.

For so long I thought that I needed solitude in order to recharge, but lately I've been noticing the abundance of joy and energy I feel after being with people.

Especially now that research-paper writing has taken over my life, being alone for too long causes me to get cranky.

This is why frequent trips to the the cafe downstairs are necessary for my survival. a) I get to mix and mingle with the crowd of people, and b) I get to load up on cappuccinos and hi-rev mochas. (although I hate to imagine how much money I've spent on such drinks within the past month...)

I do love love love interacting with -enjoyable- people...but who am I kidding? I love my alone time too, especially when I realize that I'm not actually alone, but that God is always here with me.

It is said that the most excruciating form of human torture is solitary confinement. Can you imagine being locked away in a room for years without any human interaction? I mean, I love the person God created me to be, but I would hate to have a 20-year long conversation with my weird thoughts. Gah!

Anyway, I have this tendency of when I'm stressed and am SUPPOSED to be writing a paper I write on my blog instead, and end up going on an on about types of human torture. Focus Jennifer, focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment