March 11, 2012

Reading Week.

I am back from my reading week at home!

I got to go to the Winnipeg Jets game with my bestest friend in the whole entire world/my boyfriend (hee hee!) :

See my brand new Jets shirt? It's even baseball-tee style!


And Jarryd's new Jets cap? Love it!


Despite the fact we were sitting beside a guy ringing a giant cowbell in our ears, we were pretty dang happy. :) The atmosphere of that place was INCREDIBLE!


And the Jets WON!!! :)

Other highlights of the week include:

hanging out with my best girlfriend. We were finally able to watch Pastor Tullian Tchividjian for the first time together!

Going to Olive Garden with my two favourite ladies!! (it's definitely a tradition by now)

Watching the Junior hockey game in town. So fun!

Celebrating my brother's 30th birthday at Swiss Chalet. YUM!

Going to my old church again, two Sundays in a row. I absolutely love my church and the people in it.

Visting one of my best girlfriend's and seeing her baby for the first time in two months! He is the cutest chubbiest baby ever! He has great parents too. :)


Having a mini Bodenseehof Bible School reunion. There were only 5 of us but it was still awesome!

The number one highlight had to be baking up a storm! I baked:
Hello Dolly Bars.
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares.
Pigs in a Blanket.
Rainbow Bit Cookies With White Chocolate Chips...
And last but not least, Texas Roadhouse Sweet Yeast Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter. They turned out amazingly!! They were super soft and when warmed up the cinnamon honey butter just tasted SO good with it. As I began mixing the first ingredients together I thought to myself, "if I can conquer this recipe, then I can conquer anything!" So after being told that they taste JUST like the restaurant's rolls, I was so proud of myself! I do not have much experience with the intricacy of preparing yeast, so you can only imagine my happiness. (as you can see in the photo I made them to be quite tiny rolls, I think next time I'll go for larger sized)

Everytime I'd hang out with friends I brought some of my baking along, and they were all a hit, especially the rolls! Giving is honestly one of the best feelings in the world. (this topic is definitely another blog post for another time--COMING SOON!)

❤ ❤ 

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up, Jenni....especially the giving, even if it's only a small thing.
    We enjoyed your concoctions as well. The rolls are gone - finished them up with a hearty bowl of vegetable soup (it was so thick with veggies, Herm didn't want to call it soup).
    I finished up the peanut/marshmallow squares, too - even tho' peanut butter is not my choice, LOL!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete