February 29, 2012

Up In The Air.

God is the only thing certain, in this uncertain world.

Honestly. There is nothing in my life right now that is certain; what I have today, may be gone a year from now.

As I have officially reached the halfway point in my college semester here, the question that hangs over my head is, where do I go from here?

Now is the time to start preparing for the summer months so that once I leave school, I will at least have somewhat of a clear path.

Where am I working in the summer?

Will I be living at home the whole summer?

What will I be doing in the Fall?

Should I change my major?

Everything is up in the air and I'm trying not to get overwhelmed.

I want to make the right decision--I have these lies in my head telling me that I need to base my decisions on whether or not it will please my parents, my siblings, my relatives, and the random people who for some reason I care what they think about me. And if they're not pleased, then I need to do what they want me to do.

That isn't right. If I base my decisions on what others are telling me to do, then I'm allowing for them to create my identity for me.

Yes, I do want to ask others for wisdom, guidance, and counsel on what would be best for me, but in the end I'm only making the right decision if I am allowing God to lead me in my life. This then it adds a whole new question:

God, what is your will for me?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a struggle for EVERYONE I struggle with this everyday. I wonder if the job I am doing is right I want to finish school but always have new ideas so don't know what I want to finish school in. I have always LOVED working with children and it's all I have ever known really. SO i just tell myself that the only person who can give an opinion worth listening to is God. You're in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete