January 1, 2012

My New Years Tradition!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Fell in love.
Sang at a karaoke bar in Spain.
Counselled at a Bible Camp.
Kissed. :)

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
As I recall, my new year's resolution was to be a woman of responsibility and maturity! Personally, I think I've gone up a notch! :)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my best friends had a baby boy! He is adorrrrable.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but a lot of dearly loved people in my town passed away near Christmas time.

5. What countries did you visit?
USA [Alaska, Maryland, New York, Delaware, Pennsylvania, North Dakota], Canada [BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba], Spain, Germany, and France. 2011 was definitely a good year for travelling. :)

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A job...or some direction. Pleeeease!

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January until April. Those were the dates I was in Germany at Bible school. And I feel I may be looking at these days a little too nostalgically, but those were definitely the days.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving a long-distance relationship, and surviving six classes in college. NEVER AGAIN!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Being controlled by my pride.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a mere cough.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A plane ticket to Maryland!! I love it there!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition definitely, but what else is new?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The thought of seeing my boyfriend again after a few months and going to New York City!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Any by Casting Crowns, Sanctus Real, Lady Antebellum, Needtobreathe, and of course, Taylor Swift!! (she reminds me of every year! haha)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. :)
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner!! Yay! I have lost over ten pounds since the summer!
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Cooking...helping others...spending more time with my parents.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I have no regrets at this moment!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
On a sleigh ride with family and friends :)

21. What was your favorite TV program?
It was definitely Modern Family. And...my guilty pleasure one of course, Gossip Girl.

25. Do you dislike anyone now whom you didn't dislike this time last year?
Not that I know of!

26. What was the best book you read?
Definitely "Sisterhood Everlasting"!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Christian worship music, like Hillsong and Jesus Culture. Ooooh I love it!

28. What did you want and actually got?
A quilt. Oh and my very first boyfriend!

29. What did you want and not get?
Not telling. I'm not THAT vulnerable. :)

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Hmm...good question. Probably "Courageous" or some lovey-dovey chick flick. Ha.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It took place in Germany! I slept in until 11 AM to an ambush of girls jumping on my bed screaming "HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!!"
Ate some delicious food at Cafe Hoepker with my two bestest friends Sarah and Jessica, sat and talked with them for almost four hours.
And got asked out in the laundry room downstairs.
It honestly was the best birthday ever!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Definitely ripped jeans with a brown belt and a v-neck t-shirt. So country. :)

34. What kept you sane?
How about WHO kept me sane: Jesus Christ.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Taylor Swift. Ha surprise!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Jolene <3 <3 <3

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Don't pretend like you know the people you're standing beside. Talk to them. Get to know them. Share stories. Share struggles, challenges, fears, and joys! Swallow your pride and your desire for perfection and be vulnerable with one another!

40. Were you in school (anytime this year)?
School is my life!

41. Did you encounter the police?
Actually...no! Wow, finally, no speeding tickets for me!

42. Did you have to go to the hospital?
Only to visit my friend's new baby boy. :) I'm not the biggest fan of hospitals...haha.

❤ ❤ Happy New Year ❤ ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment