November 10, 2011

The Little Things.

Today was such an incredible day. I wish I could just describe it. It wasn't incredible on the level of like worldly fun, it was incredible in that I can see that God has worked on me, is working on me, and is sustaining me!


But here are just some random things that made the day so great:
I was just super productive this morning in the library.
I got a beautiful mark on my Theology midterm.
I aced my Anthropology quiz.
I was having a good hair day.
My professors are so sweet and helpful!
God took away all my bitterness and replaced it with selfless love.
My volleyball intramural team WON (finally!!)
I made some new friends and had some great talks.
I got to spend the evening with my parents, my sister & bro-in-law, and my two nieces.
I prayed with my boyfriend.
And I am not feeling stressed out about homework at all.


All of these little things just added up to a great day. Something that also helped was that my self-esteem was high. This self esteem just makes me feel so confident and outgoing, and I love it! I hate to admit this, but everyday it is different. I can bounce from low self-esteem to high self-esteem in no time, and I feel like this is wrong. I am a child of God, so therefore, I should always be confident of my identity in Him. I should always know that I am beautiful, friendly, helpful, and kind with God as my Father.


Anyway, I wish I could elaborate on all of this morning, but bedtime is a must. I am just so thankful to God for giving me such a great day, and for opening my eyes to things that I need to change about myself to further glorify Him. He is slowly stripping away my selfishness, pride, and judgment, and it's a nice feeling.


Good night :)

1 comment:

  1. oh please. bouncing moods isn't wrong. It just reminds you how much you need God. David was pretty moody, but he was still considered to be a man after God's own heart. You can't be perfect, but you are made and grown for God's purpose. you are a part of a body of believers, where you are weak, someone else may be strong. and together we excel. no one person can be everything all at once. that's lame. be confident in the areas you excel in, rely on God for strength in the areas you need work.

    luv luv :) :) :)

    p.s. rather than working on your own self-esteem you should work on others. I bet you'd feel better about yourself at the end of the day.

    p.p.s. self-esteem is for chumps.

    ReplyDelete