July 24, 2011

Temporary.


I miss that spiritual feast I had every single day in Germany.

This is so different; this is so hard.

Many times I feel like I'm not quite fitting in here. It's painful, questioning the people that are around me, and it's just a tiresome thought in itself. I wonder what went wrong, and what could God have possibly been thinking when he placed me here?
But then I remember...it hits me...and I immediately am able to breathe in and out, a sigh of relief. This world is only my temporary home. My parents are my earthly parents...my sisters and my brother are my earthly sisters and brother, and my friends are my earthly friends.

1 Peter 2:11 "Friends, this world is not your home, so don't make yourselves cozy in it. Don't indulge your ego at the expense of your soul."

Colossians 2:3 "Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth."

It's all just a good reminder.

2 comments:

  1. JENNY!!!! Let's get together and pray. For real. Like we did at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw babe, you don't even know how much I need that right now. I can't wait to see you again!! <3

    ReplyDelete