April 30, 2011

So, life is good. And as for the stress, I have been handling it well, and God has really opened my eyes and revealed to me the things that are more important in life: Being with the people you love, encouraging them, and lifting them up in love. It's so easy for me to stress myself out out of such little things that don't even matter, so I'm very thankful for a God who has the power to turn the switch on my brain.

I have officially been home from Germany for almost a whole month now, but it actually feels like I've been home for like...4 months! So much happens in a day and each day is a surprise! Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with my blog as much as I would have liked, but I'm trying.

In all honesty, I keep myself at home alot with my family. Is this dorky? No. I remember in high school you were considered to be "uncool" if you made time for your family, but that's because in high school your head isn't screwed on straight, at least...mine wasn't. But now, after plenty of livin' and learnin', I have just come to realize that my parents, my sisters, my brothers, and my two nieces are the most important things in my life and I am so blessed to be able to call them mine! And since I know that I'm not gonna be living at home forever, I really need to make the most of these few months and really be home at home. What is also exciting is that tonight I'm picking up my boyfriend from the train station and so he'll get to be a part of my crazy, weird family for a couple of weeks! I cannot wait!!! :)

April was a good month. It began with tears and dread at the beginning when I had to say goodbye to my life in Germany, but it quickly turned into relaxation and joy as my life at home in Canada swung into full motion. Thank you, God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment