November 21, 2009

Laundry Lovin' ?

I really don't enjoy doing laundry all that much. It makes me nervous. Here I am, waiting with teeth clenched, wondering who knows what the machine is going to do to my clothes.
I admit it's kind of fun sitting on the floor creating large piles of darks, whites, and delicates, while John Mayer and Josh Groban sing sweet nothings to me.
If only you could see me when I'm doing laundry. It's hilarious. I'll be scrambling through all of my clothes  while I'm on my laptop typing "How to do laundry" into google search. (And I'll have you know: never underestimate the power of the internet.)
This is the third time I've ever done laundry on my own, or...is it the second? Either way, it's kind of sad. It just goes to show how very undomesticated I am.
I think it would be fun to live in the big city and have your own laundromat down the street. Just like in the movies! Imagine all of the different people you'd run into. And it would make for a great "Sooo, where did you two meet?" kind of story: "It was love at first sight at the laundromat when we accidently got our American Eagle sweaters mixed up..."
All in all, I'm considering adding "Home Economics for Dummies" to my Christmas list...




2 comments:

  1. LOLOL!!! Don't worry, in a very short time you will be a pro!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny!! I didn't know how to do laundry either when I moved into to my first apartment! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete