September 22, 2015

I Heart NY.

Oh New York City,

They say the third time is the charm, but you had me at the first time.

I remember when I was younger, falling in love with you a little more and more with every movie I'd watch...from Breakfast at Tiffanys, Home Alone 2, and FRIENDS, to You've Got Mail.

Every ounce of you that I walk on feels like the makings of a movie set. Every avenue, every stoop, and every cafe encompasses so much character and has potential for so much love.

You make me feel underdressed, but still simultaneously you always make every part of me feel welcome (even my country roots seem to enjoy their time here).
By the end of the day you exhaust me, you utilize every muscle of my legs that I didn't even know existed. But on the train ride home I think to myself, I could definitely do this all over again. If I could I would come right back to you tomorrow.

New York City, I just can't get enough of you...you and your Starbucks-on-every-corner-way.
Let's do this again some time, some time soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment