May 27, 2012

Vegetables.

Tonight I, without even planning it, spent all my time in the kitchen--and it was SO wonderful. I swear it is now officially my favourite room in the house...especially when sweat pants & country music is involved.

I conquered a recipe of honey-glazed carrots, and it was delicious! I have such a sweet tooth and this was just the dish for me!

Still feelin' ambitious, I chopped off some florets of broccoli, cauliflower, & garlic and roasted them to perfection!


Scratch that--it wasn't perfect until I sprinkled some cheddar & mozzarella cheese on top. Mmm! I practically inhaled this dish.

I know these dishes are nothing elaborate/complex or terribly difficult, but I can't even describe how happy cooking makes me. I used to stick strictly to baking, but now my horizons have been broadened...to cooking! I'm pretty sure it causes me to release endorphins or something because I just get so happy! I even spend my spare time studying culinary terminology of various knives, chopping techniques, and how to get the most nutritional value out of certain styles of cooking.

I'm SOO excited for my Culinary Arts & Design course in the fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment