April 19, 2012

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.

Yesterday: after a night on the town with my girls, consisting of a fine dinner and Titanic in the theatre, I slept for two & a half hours that night and woke up early for my babysitting gig. Who knew that I was capable of taking care of two little toddlers on my own?! Actually, I did. I just never actually physically exercised the idea! :) Then my boyfriend and I had a lovely cafeteria dinner with my auntie and uncle (I love my family!!). Oh and then went to watch the LA-Canucks game at the lounge.
[She is clearly loving life here...haha]

Today: is my last exam. History of Christianity II. It is also snowing outside. Bad bad BAD! But since I'm an optimist, this snow is keeping me in the library STUDYING instead of being outside PLAYING. I'm not even as thrilled that it's my last exam as I was last semester. Probably because I'm not mentally/physically/emotional exhausted from six classes, and I'm actually enjoying myself here a lot more than I was first semester.

Tomorrow: I am packing up my room. Now THIS is exciting. It's been a tough eight months...and I'm ready to move into a place I can actually call my home, and live happily ever after. Hee hee!

You know when you want to do something but you're not sure if it's God's will for your life or not? Well, I definitely had one of those moments where I just KNEW it was God's will. Example, about a month ago I realized after college I would have to move back in with my parents. The thought of this didn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but living in dorms for 3 years and then moving back in with the folks is a tough transition. I felt ultimately ready to tackle the independence of moving out once and for all. So I began the hunt for a house/apartment to rent out. I spent hours searching websites and emailing friends hoping to find someone who knew of someone who needed a roommate.

I emailed one of my female cousins asking her if she knew of any roommate situations. She replied excitedly that she too was actually looking for a place! And another friend of ours was looking too. So the three of us set out on a search and voila! May 1st I am moving into a brand-new never-before-lived-in-condo with two wonderful Christian girls, all tied together with a super low rent rate.

It may not sound like anything extraordinary to you, but to me it was amazing. I didn't know anything about what cost of rent is high or low, cost of utilities, what to look for in a place, ect. But God sent me two girls who knew exactly what they were doing and I learnt lots along the way. Through all of this, I KNOW that God wants me to move into this new town and new place for reason. He wants it for me; and that is such a comforting thought.

Yep, God is good, and He always keeps His promises to us yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He doesn't promise it'll be easy, but He promises that He will never leave us and that He will always be our strength and comforter.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine" Isaiah 43:1


❤ ❤ ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment