April 11, 2012

Bath-Phobia

So, I am officially scared to takes baths...ever again.

Last night was horrible. There's been this sickness going around college...but who am I kidding, there is always SOMETHING going around this school, ALL the time. And for once, I caught it!

My One Tree Hill watching experience was not as enjoyable as usual because partway through I got SO cold and couldn't stop shivering. I'd get the kind of goosebumps that hurt as they form across the skin. No fun at all.

Because I was internally cold, I had to somehow heat my body up, so I took a hot bath. A really, really hot bath. I figured it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside -like a nice kiss, or a good piece of milk chocolate- and then I could crawl into bed right after and be completely knocked out.

This was definitely NOT the case. A half hour soak inside my hot bubble bath -while watching 27 Dresses, may I add- caused my body to react in the least ideal of ways. I became overheated and as I stood up to dry myself off my head began pounding and a dizzying effect took place.

I glanced at myself in the mirror as I walked by and my face was pure white. GAH. I couldn't help but think, I am going to throw up. I am going to faint.


I ran into my room and and just lay on the floor, breathing...head and heart absolutely pounding.

After a few minutes of being sprawled on the floor I realized I wasn't the most decently dressed person...so I mustered up the strength, put on my comfiest PJ's, and collapsed into bed.

As I lay there my body began just RADIATING heat. What is happening to me?! And because I have a roommate, I wear earplugs, and all I could hear was my heart pounding in my ears.

And because my furnace-bath dehydrated me, I felt my face and my hands and I thought that I was drying up into a dusty corpse, but I didn't have the strength to grab myself a cold glass of water. I just lay there, helpless...hot...and heart-poundy.

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I woke up 5 billion times at night, and when I did decide to finally wake up in the morning, I felt a little feverish. But I already had a day-on-the-town planned with my best friend and NOTHING was going to stop me from going!!

So here I am, at Java Express, studying for my Psychology of Adolescence exam with a meditteranean pizza-pita and a hot cup of green tea, sitting across from one of the most wonderful women in the world, completely forgetting that I had such a horrible night last night!


Life is wonderful! :)

❤ ❤ ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment