March 13, 2012

Truth North.

So I did it. Pertaining to my previous blog post, I woke up and said it to myself:

Something wonderful is gonna happen to me today!

And it worked, just moments ago! I was sitting the library, and as I sipped my thermos of Green Tea, my eyes glanced up to the window above me and I saw at least over a hundred Canadian geese fly by.

See, I have a love-hate relationship with Canadian geese. When it starts to get chilly here and I see them happily flying south, I fall on my hands and knees and plead TAKE ME WITH YOU; I hate them because they never seem to give me the time of day.

But ohhhh do I ever love them when I gaze up into the sky and see them flying back to the "TRUE NORTH!!!!" (copyright to the Winnipeg Jets fans).

Geese flying north = summer's arrival = a happy Jenny.

By expecting something wonderful to happen to me every single day of my life, it inevitably causes me to pick up on the positive things that occur rather than the overwhelmingly negative things. I begin to notice the wonderful things in life and add them to my mental checklist of happiness, rainbows, lollipops, and fluffy bunnies.

Wonderfulness is everywhere, you just need to open your eyes to it!



❤ ❤ ❤

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I have been trying so hard in the mornings to do what our pastor told us to do wake up with joy in our hearts and a positive outlook on the day ahead. I rejoice the Lord for another day to enjoy life and serve him but I have a tendency in the mornings to drag a little. I need to learn to jump out of bed singing praises the way I go to sleep

    ReplyDelete