February 21, 2012

Spinach Salad.

I just made the best salad in the world!!

(oh and forgive my redness, I just ran 3.5 miles at the gym)

It's made of baby spinach, sliced strawberries, chicken breast, slivered almonds, and poppy seed dressing. It's not like I invented the salad, but it's the first time I've ever made one like this! I even have a glass of skim milk to go on the side. :)

It's almost perfect...I say the key word "almost" because my poppyseed dressing is store-bought, and I really wish I had the recipe from one of my favourite restaurants--THEN this salad would be perfect. Maybe I will ask them for the recipe...it couldn't hurt.

Don't worry. I don't eat fruit salads and spinach salads for every meal of every day. I wish I had the discipline to do that. But trust me, this weekend was filled with tons and tons of chocolate. Too much chocolate? Nah, it's impossible to have too much Hershey Kisses and Reese's bars! ;)

Anyway, I love this salad. It's packed with so much protein from the spinach, chicken breast, and almonds; and the strawberries are loaded with antioxidants. A good post-work out meal, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment