February 25, 2012

Poop Cookies!

As you all know, I spend faaaar too much time on Pinterest. It sounds like a negative thing; yet in fact, it actually brings out the creative and ambitious side of me!

Seeing as how I don't despise healthy-eating like I once did when I was young and frivolous, I'm looking for healthy snack ideas and recipes all the time. And Pinterest lead me to these:


As you can see from the photo above, they turned out splendidly! This snack, formerly known as "haystacks", is now known as "poop cookies".
Gross, right?
Wrong!
They're only called that because instead of using chow mein noodles, you replace them with Fibre-One cereal which is LOADED with glorious fibre (14g per 1/2 cup to be exact). Mmm mmm!

Mixed together with sweetened coconut and milk-chocolate chips and you're in for a treat! You could pretty much add ANYTHING to this recipe. I think next time I'm going to add peanut-butter chocolate chips as well for some added protein!
And for the Easter season, you can form these cookies into the shape of a nest and plop a few colourful chocolate mini-eggs in the centre, and you've got yourself a festive poop-cookie!

❤  ❤  

No comments:

Post a Comment