July 9, 2010

It. Is. Finished.

[my hair isn't greasy. It's still drying from the shower!]

Well, as you can see, the scheduled date above (Friday, July 9th 2010) is the current date. And see the photo? Well that photo was just taken a few minutes ago. That's right! We're back on live time (1:40 AM to be exact!) Can you believe it? This makes me super excited, because for the past month I have had all of my super deep, inner feelings and desires all bottled up inside of me all for the sake of my Israel blog! True story.

To celebrate, I would just like to say a few things. First of all, I am soooo incredibly thankful to all of you who have been following my Israel blog. Not being able to list all of my readers on each finger means the world to me; I am truly blessed. And second, I am extremely proud of myself. I gotta admit that I almost gave up on this Israel blog a few times; it was an interesting process. Before I left for Israel I told the whole world that I was going to be blogging every single night while I was out there, posting photos and spilling out all of my adventures with a few clicks of a keyboard...but when I realized that free wireless was scarce, I was heartbroken and felt that I let so many people down. Unwilling to give up, I decided to keep a journal, which is the spiral-bound notebook you see me holding in the picture above (the journal that I'm going to burn soon; it holds way too many personal thoughts of mine that I definitely did not want to include in my online blog. Haha) Anyway, this journal was heaven sent, and I managed to write in it every single day, all thanks to those long bus rides!

After writing 18 entries, it's a pretty satisfying feeling that fills you. It was actually hard work. I had re-write and edit all of my journal entries and type them all out on my laptop. Then I had to go through all of my photos from the trip and somehow manage to choose only the best ones. One blog entry took me about an hour and a half to two hours to write (it didn't help that uploading photos takes EONS of time.) But seriously, I loved every minute of this process. If I could, I would sit on my blog all day and just write, write about anything and everything. If I could, I would travel the world and write all about it.

So once again, thank you readers for living vicariously through me, or for rolling your eyes at me...or whatever. As long as I entertained you, moved you, or informed you in some way, I'm happy. And starting tomorrow, I can write about anything I want! I'm way too excited, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I am sad it is over. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing all of the pictures that I even imagined I was there and that they were my memories!!! haha, I'm sure it helped that I was reading Tea with Hezbollah at the same time which also took place in a couple of the places that you went. I can't wait to receive my Israeli presents! I'm assuming that you are sending them along with Mel.
    I'm glad you didn't give up blogging about your trip! How sad that would have been!
    Do you know how I upload my pictures? I do them on facebook (or shutterfly, or flickr or whatever) and then do the URL link to them instead of actually uploading them to blogger! It goes super fast that way!
    Love you!!! Best trip ever!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, krissi must be busy.... she hasn't even commented on this one yet!!!

    ReplyDelete